Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dreams are free

I signed up for a swap for paint scraped backgrounds (art techniques yahoo group). That sounds easy, doesn't it? Well... I was not happy with the results and was getting frustrated until I realized that it isn't supposed to be a finished background, just the start of it. I actually like the best the big paper that I used to clean my sraping tool (old credit card).
Part of the swap was to make 10 1" squares. I loved the way my colorful scrapped paper looked when I cut it to little pieces. All the colors and tiny details showed well. That made me feel more confidant that my papers will be good enough for the swap.
And then I played even more, and used one of the papers as a background for a collage. I used a dyed paper towel and painted over it, resin note paper, vintage book pages, stencils, stitching, stamps, crayons, acrylics.... everything. The day passed quickly and I'm in a happier mood than yesterday. It seems that yesterday was a depressing day for many bloggers... I hope everyone feels better now :-)

4 comments:

  1. O! some more of those minis! Sweet! and I love that Dream girlys hair! I'm in need of a new do, I wonder if my hairdresser can do that to my hair! I really like this tho! so true but sometimes the how is more difficult! i guess YOU just have to BE YOURSELF! and work hard! I can't seem to get it all together, oh well, I'm having FUN! xo, sweet dreams my little friend, Cro

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive day you had, Zorana!! I love the wee minis - you have such a distinctive style - even on a 1" square!
    And I LOVE the dream girl - will she be coming up on ebay???
    It is indeed ALL about being true to oneself - it's taken me a while, but I'm finally starting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang it, I keep cutting up my credit cards and forgetting I can use them to create art. ha! Your new pieces look great. I love the minis and the colors in the finished piece. Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dreams piece. I saved it in my inspirations folder. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete