Sunday, January 28, 2007

Back to Bernie's book...

I actually had to buy supplies to try the "Metal Tape" technique. I didn't have the tape and I didn't have alcohol inks (I wanted them for a long time). I must admit that I did not like it at first... The background was shiny, textured, with droplets of color. For a moment I didn't know what to do with it (but decided to do something anyway - I HAVE to try things). A transparency on metal - WOW - different effect; embossed metal on metal.... interesting! Now I really like the card. It doesn't scan well at all.... but believe me - it is different and worth trying.

4 comments:

  1. That looks so COOL! WISH we lived closer so YOU could show me how to do all these different things!!!! Wowiee!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, indeed, Zorana! This one esp. appeals to my classical upbringing - all those Greek and Roman myths of gods striding forth...
    And I sooo want Bernie's book - but we don't get it in the UK till March, so I'll just have to be patient... Not my strongest attribute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..that is awesome! I too love Bernie's book. Thx for turing me on to it a couple of weeks back. Fab ideas...and what YOU do with those ideas adds even more to the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got my book. I love it. Haven't tried any of the projects yet but the eye candy is awesome. I like the card you created. Lot of depth and color.

    ReplyDelete