Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Trees and birds.... again

Look at the wonderful, flaming red tree! The photo is not sharp because I took it from my car this morning. You can even see the rain drops on my windshield. I stare at trees all the time and always have a "favorite" one. My daughter just rolls her pretty eyes and says that all of them are my favorites... True. But this one is really magnificent... it just refuses to accept that it's mid December.
This is what I played with today:
The scans really don't do them justice... I printed my bird sketches on a transparency sheet, reverse painted it, cut into different shapes and added some glittery accents on the top. I used only metallic paints, and of course they don't show at all when scanned... but they look pretty in regular light.

4 comments:

  1. oh, these are SO beautiful! love the colors and the birdies are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I think I may get to leave this comment... these darn blogger people have been messing me about... so we'll see... Anyway, Zorana, these are just TOO cute!! And I adore the Seize the Day collage from yesterday! I marvel how you can produce something so bright and cheery when you've been in pain!! You're an inspiration, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite the tree Zo! BEAUTIFUL!...just like your cheerful birdies! :o)

    ReplyDelete