Monday, November 13, 2006

Letting go.....

Remember my big fat journal? The one that I listed for $100.00 and (of course) didn't sell for that price? At first I was disappointed, sad.... determined not to go under that price... ever. Just recently I realized that it is not a good attitude. The poor journal is sitting in my drawer, living a sad, neglected life. I am not creating new big journals because I didn't sell this one... and my hands ache to play with paper, textures, colors... So, I decided to relist it and put the reserve price of $50.00 (like I did for my previous journals). Well... eBay had different plans. For some reason I couldn't put the reserve price. It made me so mad, that I listed it for $1.00
Great idea, isn't it?
The question now is - what if the highest bid is no more than $10.00? How will that make me feel?
Sometimes it is difficult creating for 'profit'. It puts boundaries... makes you think about what is sellable and how much is your time worth. Or even worse - how much are you worth. Not fun.
I'm trying to get in the state of mind to accept it and let it go... If I don't let it go, I won't be free to create more. Maybe it will get in the hands of someone who will love using it and that will be my reward.
Anyway... it is here... in case that you liked it, but didn't like my price =)

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Zorana, I saw your journal on ebay yesterday - and I'm watching it! And I can PROMISE you, you'll get at least the reserve price - look at how many bids went on it the first day!!! People LOVE your work!! Fear not! It's a stunning piece - and you may well sell it for more than $100 - you know how folks enjoy the excitement of the auction? All you need is a couple of people to get in a bidding war - and it'll go for $200!!!! I'm just glad you put it out there again - it shouldn't be hidden in a drawer! Love 'n' hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you put a price on a piece of your soul? Our creations are like our children and for me letting them go at any price has been a challenge. I've only done face to face sales so far and seeing the response when they purchase a piece really helps. Good Luck with your journal on ebay. It is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete