Friday, November 3, 2006

I am in a mood for gentle things...

One day I think that if I see another pair of wings slapped on something with a crown or pointy hat I'll scream.... next day I create something just like that and LOVE it. Isn't that funny? I can't stop playing with images of little girls, butterflies, birds and dinosaurs with wings. I actually like it that much that I can't part with them. I will probably bind them in some kind of a book/house, so that they can live happily ever after. I don't keep my work (unless no one wants it and it doesn't sell), but I am keeping these tags (for now) and selling extra wonderful prints.
I scattered them on etsy and eBay and am more than happy that some of them sold already.

So - babies, butterflies, birds and - Barry Manilow. I surprised myself...that is so not me... but I went and bought his "Best of Sixties" CD and was singing it at the top of my lungs in my car. I was feeling like an old lady and a little kid at the same time. Kid because I remember my parents singing those songs while I was little. It felt comforting to be surrounded with gentle melodies and words today. Old lady - because I like to think that I am more 'with the times' and that I listen to the same music as my 20 year old son. Anyway... Barry Manilow, oldies and fairies - that's the place where I am now.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and so unique. I love them. I also like your new header and the black background. Your art really pops.

    ReplyDelete