Wednesday, October 18, 2006

my scary Chinese Elemental Profile

Real difficulties can be overcome;
it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.
Theodore N. Vail

You know how you cruise the Internet searching for one thing and end up reading something completely unrelated? It happens to me more times than I would like... Today was one of those days. I stumbled onto a page with healthy recipes and for some reason clicked here and then on a test for Chinese Elemental Profile. I don't know why that called my attention... I don't even know what Elemental Profile is...but I did the test. And didn't like the results. Short version - I have metal and water elements in excess, which makes me:
  • Rigid, bossy and self-righteous
  • Perfectionistic to the point that no one can meet their standards
  • Withdrawn into their own world, distant and detached from others
  • Resentful, judgmental, and controlling
  • Emotionally inaccessible, unresponsive and physically inactive
  • Blunt, sarcastic and suspicious
  • Lost in their inner world, obsessing over every bump, bruise or scratch
  • Negative, cynical and insensitive toward others
And I thought that I was positive, cheery and optimistic... I wouldn't say that I am 100% as described (thankfully, the world would be a dangerous place if they were correct) but I can recognize some elements.... (and it's not even that time of the month).
As my friend Connie would say, "Oh my..."
Time for reflexion. And change.
Metal's Lesson: The world is not perfect, and neither am I.
Water’s Lesson: Taking emotional risks awakens you to your full potential.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my is right! No way. I'm not even going to go see what mine says. That is WAY OFF you, Darlin.
    I have to say, I did laugh out loud when I got to the end and saw that you had written what I had just said..... See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zorana,
    Well, I tried mine and think it's a load of tosh! I'm sure yours isn't even close either... so dunna fret! As you so wisely say we have enough to worry about with the failings we KNOW we have without fretting over the ones we MIGHT have! Enjoy the earth's wonderful bounty from your farmers' market instead - much more life-affirming :o)

    ReplyDelete