Sunday, October 15, 2006

The last big journal

I finished another big journal and listed it on eBay. I never listed anything with a price this high... It was probably not the best idea in the world because I doubt that it will sell, but I just had to do it this way. As much as I enjoy creating journals like this, they are really not cost effective. Not only do they take days to create, but the things I put in have a certain value... Not to mention that it takes a full day to take photos and organize a listing. Another mistake - I have more than 50 pictures in my listing. Who will take the time to look through that? It's just that I want to show what's inside. I worry that people will not notice how many little details are in the big picture and how much thought I put into the elements my journals... Oh well... What will be will be.
I also listed this sleeping cat. I love when I can express my feelings through art. This piece is just like a journal page in three dimensions. I was feeling sad and low the whole day, a million silly things going through my mind, kind of torturing myself (does it ever happen to you?). And I noticed that our cat (Bart) was sleeping so peacefully, so relaxed... he calmed me down. I found a piece of wood (from a rubber stamp), sketched him and later painted using Carla Sonheim's technique. Then I added the saying on the back. I should have probably rubber stamped it, but I couldn't wait... I had to finish it. Now it makes me smile.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zorana, Well, I for one read through the big journal listing and looked at ALL the pics! How I wish I had $100 - I'd snap it up!! I think you're quite right to put it on at that price - there is just soooo much work in it - not to mention ALL the goodies!! And the little cat is adorable - and the saying so true and wise :o) I'm sure both he and the journal will find good homes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in total awe of your talent. This journal is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. You're an amazing ARTIST. It is so wonderful. I know someone will snap it up fast and if it takes a bit longer I will be the happy one because I will have the chance to see, touch and experience it in person before it goes out to them. Gorgeous work, Doll! See you soon. me

    ReplyDelete