Saturday, September 9, 2006

Beeswax ACEOs

I can't remember when I last used transparencies and beeswax on my cards. Today was a perfect day for it. It was cold and grey... and it felt so comforting to breathe in the sweet honey scent of beeswax. I just love it!

I even used pages (maps and words) from my 1920 little Webster Dictionary. I love looking through vintage books and it's not always easy to tear pages from them. As I am constantly thinking about my upcoming trip to Portland, using the words ‘travel’, ‘journey’ and the old maps today seemed somehow ok.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could do wax better, my first attempt wasn't too good! lol Woooo Hoooo! I bet you are getting Excited, is it in October??? Happy Sunday! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. what will it take to get that first card Z? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zorana, these cards are really beautiful! I've yet to try beeswax... I was thrilled to see your fat book went for such a good price on ebay - worth every penny! Bet you're counting down the days to Art & Soul... All blessings, Claire x

    ReplyDelete