Friday, August 18, 2006

My first Fat Book

I received the confirmation package for Art & Soul retreat. It came in a shape of a paper bag art book (filled with pockets, ephemera, useful information and fun stuff). How fun! So, it is official.... I'm going! I'm trying not to think about the fact that I am supposed to create in an environment of creative people... It's not real creating, but learning. Right?





Here is a list of classes I chose:
Wednesday/Thursday - Stick & Stones (Nina Bagley)
Thursday evening - Papyrus Book (Dan Essig)
Friday - Luminous Collaging Techniques (Phoenix Forrester)
Friday evening - Family Portrait (Carla Sonheim)

*********************************
Up till now I avoided any form of collaborative work. I do participate in swaps but worry too much how my work will be received. It is easier to sell it - people choose what they like... Well, there is a first for everything. I decided to join the "Streets of Paris" fat book swap because I really, really wanted to own one of those books. And I have been agonizing about my page for weeks now. I don't remember that I ever had a lack of inspiration like now... I was in panic panic panic mode. Eventually, I had to start working because the deadline is close. This is what I came up with:
Will it be good enough? Does it need more embellishments? Which ones? Where? YIKES!
I didn't even know that these kinds of books had work on the back of the page also! We were supposed to create something like a vintage Parisian postcard written to ourselves. I think I did that right (and it was fun to do). The picture doesn't show it well... there are more discolorations, water splashes and other 'aged' elements.
Well, good or bad - that's it. All I need to do now is to laser print 64 copies, trim, score, glue and embellish them. I will be so happy when I receive the finished book! I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. Your Paris piece is WONDERFUL, I love both the front and the back. You're so creative,and are such an inspiration to me. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zorana, I just LOVE your Paris piece! You have such a stunning, distinctive style, so you have NOTHING to worry about! Just create from the heart and your innate talent will shine through... Go enjoy that retreat for the both of us! love Claire & Perry :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O! Nina Bagley!!! Give her a hug for me! She might remember who I am! LOL That is sooooo Exciting! ZO! and your fatbook Paris page is just right! Colorful and inspiring, you'll adore it ALL when it comes! I remember my first fatbook very much and I still LOVE them all,I think I've done at least a dozen! I'm going to have to UNBOX them sometime soon just to enJOY them once again! I packed them up and out of the way when Xmas decorating and haven't gotten them back out yet, but I did seeeeeeee the box just today when I was getting my Mexican pottery out to display and enJOY once again! Happy Monday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. EMCZO was the verification by the way!!! Does that mean anything to you??? EMC???? lol

    ReplyDelete