Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Some days are just better than the others...

Wouldn't you agree? Today I was able to put on a pair of jeans that were so small that they made the dreaded V shape where the zipper is. I know I sound stupid, but that made me simply happy! And just so that you know that I'm not completely superficial - there is a deeper meaning to it... I decided that at 41 I have no idea what I really like... and that it would be the right time for me to find out. So I scratched my brain and started with food, the way it makes me feel and the way I would like to feel. I figured that I actually love what is considered 'healthy' food, that I enjoy eating fruits and vegetables and grains... and that bread and pasta make me sleep. Also - that I love to exercise (or better - the way I feel after exercise). So, I've been doing that, feeling fine and the smaller jeans just made me dance around! Maybe I should find one of those lists with 'deep' questions and really start thinking about the other things I like (or dislike).
I made a second 'big fat journal'. I challenged myself to make 10 similar big journals if I decide to go to "Art & Soul Retreat". Since I'm going (YAY!!!! - thank you for the letters and comments supporting me in that decision) - I started with book #2. My goal is to work faster and more spontaneous and to learn from it. I added many fun things to this book and used my beautiful fibers... great fun! It's not completely finished, but the main part is done.
I wanted to try liquid polymer clay transfers for the longest time. Finally, after finding out that DJ Pettitt has a blog, and after looking photos of her work I knew I had to try it NOW. Here are my first attempts. I used laser printed images. Obviously, the colored ones don't work so well... but the black and white one turned beautiful! Now I need these pens to color them... I love the feel of these transfers and I'm sure I'll be experimenting more with them.

3 comments:

  1. Yayyy! Zorana! I'm GLAD to hear you are going to the Art&Soul Retreat!!! and I've been exercising too here lately but I can't get in any small jeans Yet!!! Waaaaaaaaaa! lol Those transfers look very interesting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh...it's been so long since I've checked your blog! (Can't wait till the kids go back to school!) I love everything here...and I can't believe somebody actually passed up that gorgeous piece of work! And that blue heart thing...that is so cool!

    And I'm totally jealous of people who get to go to art retreats! lol!

    About that purse on my blog...here is a link to the tutorial I used. It's VERY easy!
    http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2006/06/two_little_tuts.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zorana, I'm so happy you're doing both retreats!! You so deserve to have some fun for yourself (in the name of art)!!

    Liquid sculpey is great! If you run into problems I'd be happy to help. :)

    Love your transfers! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete