Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tag booklets

Connie and I had our art date on Monday morning. She is a sweetheart - I call her my Santa Clause because she always brings me lovely things. This time there was a bag filled with brushes, double stick tape, brush basin... and my absolute favorite - a selection of old keys. I love looking at them!
We were having fun with distress inks and shipping tags. The technique is easy, messy and I love the results. We started by swiping three different colors directly from ink pads on a piece of wax paper. Then we sprayed them with water and pressed the tags on the inky puddles. The colors blended so nicely! Little stamping over and the tags were done.
What to do with the tags? So many things... This time I decided to make tiny journals. They are all similar, but have different closures and embellishments. I scattered them on etsy, eBay and even my website.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with the keys, my dear sweet friend.
    LOVE the tag book!
    You inspire me so very much.

    ReplyDelete