Thursday, June 15, 2006

Important stuff...

I'm back from Las Vegas. It was the best mix of business and pleasure. I got to spend a lot of time with my husband and while he was busy being smart on the conference I had time for myself. I wanted to see the Hoover Dam so that was the first thing we did and it was wonderful! I spent two hours in the aquarium - for the first time in my life without children. I missed pointing things out and saying and hearing "look at this" or "look at that". Still, it was a great experience because I was taking quick sketches in my little moleskin. It was so dark inside that I didn't even notice that I used two different pens... That explains the "quality" of sketches... just joking - I couldn't sketch better even if I had all the time in the world and the best lighting. It was fun!
Today is a special day - it is our 20th wedding anniversary! Half of my life I've been married to my D.H. I'm not big on holidays; any dates that have to be celebrated etc. so there will be no celebrations or presents today. I cherish every single day that we spend together, every sweet word that I hear on daily basis, all the laughs and support and love that was strong from the beginning but seems to find a way to get stronger with every year. In a world where so many people are looking for soul mates I feel very lucky to have found mine so early in life.
Another big thing today... so bittersweet... my baby girl graduated from elementary school! Of course I'm not allowed to call her baby... she is a preteen and wants to be treated like a young adult... but this is my blog and I can pretend that she is still a baby even if I'm well aware that she's not. She can't wait to start middle school and I'm the one not ready for it. The new school is big and scary and different... the kids are also big, scary and different and I guess I'll have to use this summer to 'mature' and allow her to enjoy growing up. Her teacher wrote: "Hana is an incredible artist and should take art for an elective". I will try to get her more active in "Illustration Friday", "Artwords" and similar things to see what she comes up with.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Hana!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO! and I LOVE that dress! You look like a million bucks! and Happy Belated Anniversary!!! Zo! Looks like you had a great time! I like your sketches and the way your hair was blowin in the wind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Z.

    Good luck to your daughter for the coming school year. Of course she's a great artist - why wouldn't she be! xxx

    ReplyDelete