Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Spam comments

I receive emails when there is a comment left on my blog and when I checked this morning there were 61 new comments. SIXTY ONE!!! I knew that something was very wrong. All of them were spams! Thankfully, they were written in kind words with a little spam link at the end. It could have been worse. For some reason I felt violated and sad and angry. I'm so happy to receive comments from known and unknown friends and to have someone play with it like that was just wrong. I went and deleted them - one by one. I wonder what should I do and how to change my settings? If I allow comments from only registered people I wouldn't be able to get a comment from a "Mrs. Sweetie" and wouldn't it be a shame not to see a sweet name like that. On the other hand - deleting 61 comments takes time... If you have any advice - please let me know.

I wanted to work on a canvas today but couldn't focus at all.... Couldn't even decide on the color scheme or anything else... So, I played with my stamps and made some glass embellishments and two ACEO holders. They are all on eBay.


4 comments:

  1. Another one here with the spam problem. I keep getting strange insider trading emails! All I can do is add them to my blocked list and hope they get fed up! Grrr!!

    Love your ACEO holder. Good luck with it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't already done so, you can go into your settings, and under comments, where it says show word verification select yes. This means that real people who want to leave a comment have to prove they are real people by typing in some letters. To take it a step further, you can also enable comment moderation, which means that all comments get emailed to you for your approval before they get published. I did the first and it got rid of spam. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your journal page! What medium did you use for the background colors?

    Some blogs (don't know about blogger) let you use a blacklist of words. Posts containing those words or URLS get automatically deleted. I use a blacklist as well as email moderation to prevent spam on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never know where to answer to questions in my blog... It feels like I'm talking to myself if I comment on a comment in the comment space... I write an email (when I can find it). I couldn't find Melisa's email and I don't want to be rude - so I'll answer here. I used watersoluble oil pastels and gesso for the background of my journal. Whenever I crave strong vibrant colors I reach for the oil pastels. Thanks for the comments! They always make me happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete