Saturday, May 6, 2006

"New" old books

I went to a library sale today. I was so excited that I couldn't sleep last night. And I must admit - I got a little lightheaded while I was there. All those books... it was impossible to look through all of them! I love the smell of old books, I love the yellow pages, I love the worn book covers. I guess that is one the things that make me happy – a mountain of books and unlimited time to look through them. My husband asked if I was going to play the Chopin Concerto... I wish. Those days are gone (BTW - I was never good enough to play something like that).

Look who decided to fly to my corner of the world - one of Misty's birds! She'll be happy living on my wall from now to forever.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the smell of old books, I know what you mean.

    I also love the variety in the styles of illustration and graphic design. It's amazing to see how it has evolved over the years: although I am of the opinion they don't make books like they used to.

    There is something about many old books that really gives you a sense that the publishers really took pride in what they produced.

    I really love you art. I just had to add that, you produce really beautiful work. Maybe I'll reach your standard one day. Thanks for checking out my blog too and having me on your links list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know what you mean about old books! I feel the same way.

    Love Misty's bird...all that blue...it's very calming.

    ReplyDelete