Saturday, May 27, 2006

Artwords - Dream

Barely made it... A new word will be posted tomorrow on Artwords, but I really wanted to create something for this week's challenge - DREAM. I use the word dream very often in my work, but it is always in a very light, romantic or whimsical way. For some reason I've been thinking all week about my own dream... not a very pleasant one and not romantic at all.
Imagine a lovely sunny day. I'm enjoying the blue sky, sun on my face, fragrant grass and flowers beneath my feet. I'm walking to my home - it is always my real home, the big building where I used to live. Suddenly there is no ground where it's supposed to be.... I'm left 'floating', completely out of balance - my feet barely touching the ground, my hands pressed to the building. There is no way that I can get back.... I can only hope for someone to come by and pull me back to safety. And I stay there for a long time.... feeling the strength leaving my arms and getting more and more scared of the big hole under me. I know what to expect and I am terrified. At the same time I think how it would be easy for someone to reach and easily pull me back. I often think about that thin line between our 'normal' lifes and disaster. Everything can change in a split second. Scary. There is one more meaning of this dream - I don't like to need help... or ask for help..... or receive it.... but that's another story.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your entry over at artwords and thought I would stop by your blog too. Your image is beautifully realized and so evocative of that sleeping dream state, and also communicates very well the state of unease/unrest and brink of chaos you talked about in your write-up. Really really nice - I like it when I see people pushing their edges, I think you are doing that here and it makes for a completely arresting image. That doesn't always mean comfortable, but it certainly means moving.

    ReplyDelete