Friday, April 14, 2006

Pretending to be...

...Misty Mawn. I received my copy of "Cloth, Paper, Scissors" yesterday (thanks Chel - I ordered it from Zne Store). I couldn't wait to read Misty's article and was happily surprised to see that on more pages than I thought. So wonderful, so informative, so beautiful! I just had to try the techniques she was describing. A copy is never as good as the original, but I had to pretend a bit to be someone else and I really enjoyed the process. This is 8.5" x 12" (very big format for me) and it is the first page of my art journal.I am sure that I will be using Misty's techniques a lot in the future.... and hopefully the little bird will find me so that I don't copy her style.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I got that magazine the day it came out and I still haven't had time to try out her techniques...I'm seriously hoping in the next couple of weeks, things will slow down and I can get back to doing what I want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooo PRETTY ZO!!! I haven't had time to try Misty's techniques yet! I want to get some of that Gel and I want to read the article some more when I have more Quiet time!!! Can't wait to seeeeeeeee all the art, artists trying her techniques!Very INteresting

    ReplyDelete