Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday - Monochromatic ART

"This weeks challenge is to create a work of art using only one color! So find your favorite color and shades of it and get started." I have never done that before... but it didn't scare me as the "big" challenge did. For some reason a limited palette is much less daunting than a great big piece of white canvas. I started with no direction and just had fun with it.
The funny thing is that it almost turned to be very colorful... thanks to my clumsiness. As I was painting this, my daughter Hana was painting her masterpiece:
She finished and left a palette with big juicy globs of fresh acrylics on. You know Murphy's law... I was holding my canvas and painting the edges (trying not to get too much paint on my fingers) and my canvas fell - face down - right on the palette. The funny thing is that I didn't start panicking - I was looking for my camera to get a quick picture of it. Here it is - bright magenta, yellow, blue, green and even white on my monochromatic piece:
I was able to wash the paint of, and with it some of the painting. Interestingly enough - I liked the washed out pieces more, so I continued to sand the rest of the canvas, added some more details and called it a 'happy mistake'.

1 comment:

  1. I love the distressed areas, really adds texture! And you can say your daughter contributed to this piece, making it a collaborative work! LOL

    ReplyDelete