Friday, January 6, 2006

Tried a new technique!!!!!

I painted roses on a canvas... It has a very textured background and it called for something to be added... so, I thought that it would be a perfect opportunity to finally try the "Peeling paint" technique from Caudine Helmuth's book "Collage Discovery Workshop".
That was so scary!!! I love the results....
Here is the original painting:

Then the first part of the technique.... when you think that everything is destroyed:

And the result:

Just as the name says - peeling paint! I'll play with it again soon.

It is in my store on etsy.... in case someone likes it and wants it.

3 comments:

  1. Zorana! I love it!!
    I am rushed off my feet now... too many obligations going on... but I am checking your blog all the time :) **hugletsandstuff**

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting.
    I love the effect it gives.
    I may have to check out this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried that method too from her book...It was kind of intimidating but I really enjoyed the results. I loved what you did on this piece, it really showcases the roses.

    ReplyDelete