Thursday, November 14, 2013

Collage and Sketching Mix

Sometimes simple things bring simple, good joy. I sketched several faces, spending maybe 3 minutes on each, then I layered them with paper that was on my table, making a simple collage. 
Crayons, color pencils and casein paint were a fun way to add random patches of color.
Then I just "had to" pull out my sewing machine, dust it off and add more red to my collages. That was the part I didn't have the energy to do yesterday, and they somehow seemed unfinished without it.
I'm so happy when I spend time creating something :-)
The only question now is - what to do with them?  My studio is exploding with stuff I made...

5 comments:

  1. These are amazing! It really took you only 3 minutes each to draw? That is impressive :) I really like the quick, scribbly look and the added color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like. Very much. It IS amazing how talent thrown into the mix makes everything beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zorana, love these faces and pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful and inspiring Zorana!
    You have done a good deed by sharing...
    you are right: sometimes the simplest things
    make such a big impact,
    I forget that...a lot of times♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is outstanding! This is so inspirational, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete