Monday, March 17, 2014

Painting a nightmare

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling black birds in my hair. The noise of flapping wings and movement felt so real... I tried to escape the feeling, but it followed me through the day. Finally, I gave up, and put it to the paper in the best way I could. 
My big moleskine journal is the best place to catch anything I want to express.
 I didn't paint it on the easel (pictured above), just wanted to see how it looks. I am so extremely in love with my easel that I have to see how anything looks on it :-) I painted it on the table (as seen bellow) using only a brown and white. 
Black birds are gone. Colorful ones are soon to come.

10 comments:

  1. This bad nightmare turned into a beautiful artwork Zorana! -
    That's the best you could make out of this feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your nightmare but OH! not sorry about the beautiful outcome. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I can paint swirling grown children flying around and inside my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bye, bye blackbirds! Great way to get rid of a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the painting, hate the nightmare. Hope you sleep better tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Such a great way to deal with nightmares ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. superb expressive painting hope you have brighter days to come

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, of course I love ravens so it really spoke to me. Letting og of a nightmare in your art is the perfect idea. Wishing you pleasant dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so lucky to have stumbled across your blog,your paintings are beyond beautiful,they really call to the soul,very inspiring. Love the crackled look you achieve too,a wonderful aged effect.

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete