Friday, November 12, 2010

It's not what you look at...


When you draw you are supposed to draw what you SEE, not what you THINK you see. I struggled yesterday with a painting... I just couldn't draw the face in the 3/4 view and it was frustrating. The sad looking canvas is sitting by the side, waiting for my to gather courage to attack it again. In the meanwhile I played again with my ATC digital kit and made more cards. It was very addictive, and therapeutic after a painting flop.
This one was fun - three friends on one little card.
So was this one - punched circles, butterfly wings, crayons and gesso and positive words.
Here is a message for me - Try it one more time.
Yes, I'll give my painting a chance and try again today to make it look the way I want it.
Try printing your own art and re-creating it... it's relaxing and interesting.
Look at these two: same image, two different looks and numerous more ways to make it look original.
I loved seeing this.
StampingMathilda used my image and created a unique card (her blog is beautiful, well worth a visit).
Have a happy day! I am going to attack my canvas (I'll show before/after if it works out).
xo

11 comments:

  1. You have made me very excited, I have been making sheets, I have much saved on the computer, many paintings, fabric swatches, and digital papers I made with paintings, mixed with lace curtains, faces, birds, that sort of thing before I saw your ATCs.

    I can't inagine how come I haven't been to your blog before, I know you from Nora's Art. However I now have a lot to see and have watched your video a couple times with great enjoyment. I need to make a word sheet also. This takes a little time but is also fun. The cut some blank not cards I have that are good weight paper to try the ATC cards and use as gifts.

    Thanks for all the info, so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me dying to make some ATC's with sheets like you have.

    I tried printing some of my work and once again I'm not happy enough with the printed look to bother with it. Another reason why I never purchase downloads, etc. I wonder if it is worth copying to a disk and taking it to a print shop. Might try that.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darla, I will try to help you with printing (I'm sending you an email). xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zorana,

    Love your ATC's!
    I know too well how it feels when you are trying to do a painting and it doesn't want to work. Best to leave it for a while and just give it a glance every now and then. The inspiration will hit and when you take it up again everything will just fall into place. I have had many such struggles with paintings and many have landed in the dustbin but then there were others that just needed some time... guess they weren't ready for me yet or my muse went awol. . lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous set!
    I hope your painting works out ok after "trying it one more time" as the ATC says :)
    Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I jsut found your blog today. Your cards made me very happy and smile. All the colors and your drawings. I love your pictures! I just make few atc cards beacuse your atc's inspired me so much. :) -Carita

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun perusing your sweet blog...love your style...new follower for certain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved watching the video about how you ceate your ATCs...these are wonderful cards!! Thanks for sharing. I have been following your blog for some time...all your work is amazing!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much, I did a page of birds, I had to you made me want to and Ineeded them, and collage sheets. I made little atc, and I will include them in gifts this Christmas and prints of them on
    mailings. Ill also make book marks for friends that read. I also watched carefully and appreciate your deep rich colors. I have a lot to look at on your blog yet and it is really a bright spot of fun in my day. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cool. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete