Monday, November 8, 2010

Creating trading cards, new video

I always have fun when I am in my studio, but yesterday was special.
It was a rainy day and I spent several hours lost in my world.
I used to create hundreds of ACEO cards.
It is such a quick way to make something meaningful and cute.
For a long time any size larger than 2.5"x3." was "huge" and intimidating.
 
I printed out the images, pulled out my "toys" and embellishments....
Found out that I have three glue sticks and that all three are completely dry and useless....
I put a dunce hat on something for the first time in two years...
A bird wanted it too...
I also used a different camera to record my play-time. I think the quality is better than my previous video. If I could only remember to tie my hair so that it doesn't hide what I'm doing... If you want to see how my working space got messier and smaller while these cards came to life, take a look at the video. I hope you'll enjoy it.
xo

11 comments:

  1. I love your aceo cards they are wonderful, great video too!!

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing the video! I love all your quotes and words too. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this video! It's great to see the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to watch you work. I have a question - what paper are you using in your printer? I haven't been happy with the color/quality of artwork produced from my printer (an HP) using standard copy paper. It prints quite nicely on photo paper but I don't always want that "photo" finish.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zorana,

    What a fun video. I loved watching you work. I have all the same art supplies and sometimes I forget about them. This was a great reminder to use everything you have.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Each one is so special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how wonderful to spend some time with you in yur studio - at least virtually :)
    i treasure all your aceos i've collected over the years xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only watched your video today and I love it. It's so much fun and makes me wanna go and play.. but it's past 10 here and time to sleep :)
    You must have been a cardmaker or a scrapper before to have so many craft paints and different glitter, stamps.. :) it's uncommon to see strictly painter to have all these :) It's like going through my stash... you gave some ideas how to use what I have :)
    I was always wondering.. how long have you been in states? As knowing you come from close where I live :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I'm in love with your sheets!Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these trading cards. You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete