Saturday, July 26, 2008

Journal pages

Thank you very much for all good wishes. I couldn't be happier. Or more tired. But this is good tired. When you work from morning till evening with a smile on your face. I didn't expect this house buying experience to be so exhausting. I was warned that it will be an emotional roller coaster.... and it was. With a happy ending.
I have two interesting details to show on my journal pages. I made this page the same night when we made an offer to the first house. We could hardly sleep.... waiting and hoping for a positive answer. It was not positive. We had to accept that that house was not waiting for us.
I was randomly pasting papers to frame the page, using paper scraps from my table and parts of a French book. I didn't even see the name that landed on the page. Julie (The Land of Lost Luggage) recently bought a house and was writing me friendly and knowledgeable emails, cheering me along the way. She helped me a lot.... It was as if someone was holding a light for you in a dark tunnel (at least that's how I saw it, because I didn't know much about the whole process). I love that her name (Julie=Juliette) just appeared on my page... and it will always remind me of that time and a blogging friend that unselfishly shared her experiences with me.
It's too late for me to show the other page.... Maybe tomorrow. It has the same, interesting, random but appropriate word thing going on. I love when that happens.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent expression, definately one of anticipation! Well done!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwe....thanks, Zorana! I can't believe everything worked out so FAST! I can't wait to see more more more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on buying your house! I'm trying to sell mine, so I understand all the stress involved! Seeing you water your flowers, though, reminds me there are great owners out there who will worry about the flowers I leave behind and will care for them just as I do!

    I love today's journal page. Did you use water colors? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been scrolling through your blog and am enchanted with your art!

    ReplyDelete