Sunday, April 6, 2008

Unfinished...

This is a completely unfinished journal page. Actually, it is only the first layer. I was still inspired by the rose and wanted to paint roses instead of hair (btw - they are unfinished too). Who knows how it will turn out when I decide to continue. I know that it will not be this bright, and I'm not sure if the roses will stay or disappear... I thought it might be interesting to share (and I have nothing else to show).Why are weekends so short? Why do I expect to do so many things and never seem to finish anything? I finally gave up the hope that I'll be able to organize my life to have more time for fun stuff. It's simply not the same since I've been working. Days fly by... it seems that I blink and it's a new month. I am constantly tired and I just can't do all the things that I'd want to. Like - write emails, thank individually for every comment that I receive (because they all mean so much and I'd love to be able to do that), send little somethings to the people I care, play art more, exercise... There has to be a formula somewhere... maybe I need more time to figure things out. We all have the same amount of hours every day. Maybe I should complain less and start working more.
Guess who was the lucky recipient of Sharon's fabulous art mail? Undeserving Lucky ME! I am madly in love with the little clever window with real flowers and doll and music. Isn't it amazing?
WOW! This has been the whiniest post ever... Sorry.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely mail!

    Love to see what you do with the journal page when you add the layers. The roses are just great as is the happy Spring colour combinations. Time....we all need a time machine that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, not too whiny - don't worry about it. If you can't say it on your own blog, where can you? I'm feeling exactly the same way and I don't even have a job! Weeks roll into months and I realise I haven't done any of the things I planned to do! When you figure out the magic formula, let me know! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with pippa, not too whiny at all. Love that you painted the roses "instead of hair". If I could paint roses like you, I would do that too. I just glue some on instead of hair. Don't forget that painting roses is one of your/our art retreat lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot something, Love how the post office stamp is on the window. Cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you figure out the formula, let me know! The days do fly by. Can't belive IT IS APRIL already. Oh and Organization - what's that? (: Happy Monday Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow sure wished I had that Picture. It's great,what an imagination. Elaine Cooke

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all get the blues sometimes Zorana and it is great to get it all out... I hope you get more time for your art soon. Spring is coming for your and the days will be getting longer...makes a big difference.
    What a fabulous window face envelope AND what a fabulous idea. I wont be throwing those away in such a hurry now!
    Very clever and individual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your faces and your roses are an inspiration. I agree with Sharon you should do a class on them...when are you and Sharon giving classes and where...sign me up, I am ready :)
    I was inspired by Gustaf Klimt...I am doing a painting of a lady with a different kind of hair...hope it works. I will be showing it when it is finished...I am getting so brave I show all not matter how good or bad.
    I am also wondering where the time goes...well I actually know but there is a light at the end of the tunnel...in two weeks I will have time to finish projects and start new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the roses Zo! :o)
    p.s. nothin wrong with a little whine...as long as yer servin cheese with it! LOL ;O)

    HUGS BUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The roses are just beautiful! I know what you mean about time flying. Seems the older we get the faster it goes. Every time I get sick I think to myself that I can't die yet....I still have so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a job and I can relate! Mostly I've been having health issues that have kept me from doing much.

    Your journal pages are always amazing whether finished or unfinished. If I ever get to the point where I can paint roses like that I'll be thrilled! I'm trying but not even close. Your mail art is fantastic! Sharon does such beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that clean face...all days seem short to me now...love the mail art too...hugs, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Add a two and half year old into the mix and I completely understand your frustration! (Although I don't work outside the home-trying to "work" by selling by artwork!) When it seems like I don't have minute to do what I want, I just take it. Too bad if something needs tending too. The housework or the errand will be there later. My moment of creativity might not be. Easier said than done, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean about working and days flying by and the sense of it all getting away from you and you wonder how to pull back the time for the things you love. It's hard.
    I love, love this envie!! That face peeking out is just soooo cute and her sweet wings. I am in love.

    xo Rella

    ReplyDelete