Saturday, November 10, 2007

A little bit of everything...

Going back to work after seven years means that you (I) need some time to adjust, regroup, refocus... I'm a bit 'rusty' and need to work on my skills, learn a ton of new stuff and make my fingers dance again on the keypad. It takes time... which means that I don't have time to play with paper and color... I know I will (very soon), but right now I can't.

The only thing I 'created' last week is too ridiculus to even show, but I will anyway. I had some spare time in my car (came way too early to work, afraid that the traffic would be horrible, but it wasn't). I pulled out a moleskin that I always carry with me and tried to doodle an abstract shape. Did you see the beautiful drawings that Janet calls doodles?Needless to say, I can't do anything similar... I started with the part above (yuk), accepted that I can't do it and continued to draw a face.Then I saw that Janet drew a face too... So, I guess this post is about me whining how I lost my art time and how Janet creates lovely drawings. :-)
After you checked her blog, visit this blog to read an interview with Sharon.
And visit Rebecca's blog to sign up for a giveaway and to wish her a happy birthday.
It's raining here (after a really long time with no rain). My beach is closed because of a horrible oil spill. It makes me sad. And angry.

3 comments:

  1. First I have to tell you that your doodle if fabulous. I mean really really fabulous. What is 165, though?
    Then I want to say, thank you for the shout out. You are such a friend!
    Now, I hope I can dance over to Janet'S blog and check here doodle out (you know I love doodles) before Ashley who is such a spoiled princess catches me. She is waiting for her Nana to give her a pedicure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm blushing! Thank you for your kind words about my doodles. I'm amazed that you like them! You have nothing to worry about when it comes to drawing. In fact, I'm always looking at your work and thinking "I can't do that!" I love the faces you create.

    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i am sending you strength...i may be going bsck to work soon too...love the first sketch...reminds me of palms or banana leaves...sad oil spill news...please stop by my blog for another giveaway today...blessings, rebecca

    ReplyDelete