Friday, May 31, 2013

Cuteness in my journal

A line of sweet characters lives in my journal. Ok - the last one on the right is not cute at all and I don't like her and she might quietly disappear into the night, but the other three are sweet enough to make me smile.
I love taking online workshops! As there are more and more of them, I became very picky. But I still do it because I am curious and because they make me feel like I'm not alone in my studio. I adore watching how others paint and how their magic happens.
"Paint Happy" - a workshop by The Secret Hermit (aka Micki Wilde) made me really happy. It is probably one of the best workshops I ever had. It made me want to paint - you know the feeling when you can't wait to wake up in the morning so you can paint? That's pretty much how I felt.
I actually did many of the exercises she shows. One of them is a combination of words and paint, but in way that I have never seen before. The process was really healing so I plan to use often.
So that's mostly what I've been doing this week. I made something less cheerful too, but I will leave it for a separate post. It's Friday and almost June! Happy weekend!

11 comments:

  1. No no, Zorana, please don't make her disappear, I like her, let her be!
    Happy weekend to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I knew at once this is Micki's class. I like that girl you would like to disappear, maybe because of her eyes. I would love her to stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and cute! Did you make the journal to paint in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make the journal, but not specifically for this class. This is my regular art journal - the one I blogged about here:
      http://zoranaland.blogspot.com/2013/01/finished.html

      Delete
  4. I love love love the girls you did (even the one you don't like) You said the nicest things about my online class, made me a wee bit misty eyed, thank you so much for your lovely blogpost X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think all the girls are cute and sweet even the one you don't like. She reminds me of my cousin's little girl!

    I love online classes but have cut way back on how many I take. Many of them are just the same thing over and over...and the prices have gone way up. I'm glad you enjoyed the one you took.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful to hear about this class
    and
    to see your art
    each gal is a joy to see ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micki is a great teacher, isn't she?! So fun to see how other friends and artists are "trying on" her style :)

    I felt the same way about her workshop....makes you excited to play!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a lot of happiness in this and why wouldn't there be? You are taking Micki's class! Yay for you!!! Hello from Wichita, Kansas!

    PS: I actually LOVE the last girl in your journal...she's odd, but I like odd.

    ReplyDelete