Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Random Tuesday Stuff

Burst of color in my mailbox! Janet thought that I might need some happy colors to cheer me up and sent me this postcard. How wonderful is that? I thought it would look good posed on my flowers, but they are so fluorescent that the bright colors of the postcard just melt in.
So I took another picture where it shines in full glory. Thank you Janet, I absolutely LOVE it!
I wanted to show you how I color coordinate things in my life.... I make smoothies the color of Bart's eyes. This lovely artist (and author to soon to be published book) gave me a link to this woman several months ago, and I can't stop trying almost everything she posts. This smoothie could be my favorite desert in the future. To me it tastes better than chocolate... which is very high praise. (BTW, if you are interested to know what is Bart looking at - it's Downtown Abbey. I am lucky to have resisted it up to now, because now I can watch all the episodes at once (free on Amazon Prime). I'm completely enamored with it...)
These are snippets of the first 24"x36" painting I started in months. Do I still know how to paint? We'll see. I'm fighting the gremlins and constantly urging myself to continue... that this is just the beginning and warmup, that they will start looking less like aliens and more like something else as I move on.


And for the end, another thing that falls into random Tuesday stuff - my husband "the Wizard" (seen here sitting under a light fixture in a restaurant) just sent me a link to some music that he knew I would love. Maybe you'll love it to. Click HERE if you want to hear it.

HAPPY TUESDAY!

8 comments:

  1. I'm happy you like the postcard...that makes me smile.

    I'm sure you still know how to paint! Looks like you've got a good start on those faces.

    Downton Abbey is one of my favorite programs. I love it. And watching it with Bart and a green smoothie sounds just about purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you still know how to paint!!! You are a wonderful artist. I am really trying to post comments on blogs that inspire me and yours does. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. zorana, thank you for the link to the blender girl! what a wonderful website! i'm just starting to use water kefir grains - did not know i could make almond milk kefir! yes!

    gotta find me some young thai coconuts...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES you know how to paint! Of course you do!
    And I love the first photo - your lovely postcard goes wonderful with your flowers, what a pretty combination! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your DH is just the most romantic Wizard I've ever seen. I'm listening to his music pic right now. Very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote Tess last week..she is so generous and amazing....I'm going to pick up her PH book soon...and thank you for calling me lovely...I think you are lovely. One of the most lovely blog artists I know..thinking all the way back to the days when I first emailed you too.....isn't it funny how you can easily find the genuine from the...well....you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you meant Bart Simpson when i first read this, until i saw the photo! I like your faces painting, you're going to be an expert at them by the time you've finished! I've discovered after many years I don't like doing realistic ones, one day I might have another try!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there to every body, it’s my first go to see of this web site; this weblog consists of awesome and in fact good stuff for visitors.


    Review my site diamondhoneysdating.com

    ReplyDelete