Thursday, January 31, 2013

Digital journaling

Can you believe that it is the last day of January? It always goes so fast... I didn't have too much time (or energy) for art this month, but that didn't stop me from doing something creative every day. I received a mini iPad last year as a birthday gift, and it instantly became my favorite toy. Not a day passes that I don't use it. If you are interested about what I like the most about it - ask - and I'll write a post about it. 
 For now, I wanted to share how I use it as a daily journal. I love the convenience - if I have minute, I will snap one picture and post it on my digital notebook page, but if I am stuck somewhere waiting for an hour - I can easily spend that time creating something (doodling, writing, even painting). I didn't miss one single day in December and January, and now it's fun to flip back through pages and see snippets of my days. And that is exactly how I call these digital notebooks - Snippets of my days.
I'd like to know if you use modern toys for art play...

9 comments:

  1. Wow this is awesome I have wanted one for sometimes now!! Yes I want to hear even more!!! I should just take the plunge...maybe I will get me one for my birthday...tell me more though. I love this monthly journal!! So awesome!!

    I have a bare bone cell...would like an android for instagram. I feel out of the loop at times!! I like to stay current.

    I heard it's difficult to upload photos to ipad off a camera....is that true...do you have to have an iphone or can you use an android for Ipad?

    Tell me more....thanks
    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zorana I have an ipad...and I had no idea I could do things like this! I want *need* to know more please. Would love to know what apps you use (and how).

    This is great. Thanks for sharing. I'm heading back now to take more of a look at your pages.


    Looking forward to hearing more.
    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I don't own any clever gizmos only a camera and scanner but I love what you've done here! It must be lovely to look back and remember those day-to-day moments in such a creative way. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My question would be, are they in the "cloud" somewhere in case your device....craps out?
    Oh, and I tried to draw a bird as you suggested. And guess what, there IS a big difference between an artist (you) and a seaman (me) drawing a bird. Big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a techie person so "no" I don't use modern toys for art play. My computer is as techie as I get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had a tablet since a short while and I didn't know Zorana that you can do all these thinks with it. Of course I will know more how to do this all. And indeed what apps you use.
    Thanks for sharing and have a nice Sunday
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. O I so agree!! I finally bought my iPad shortly before Christmas and I haven't stopped playing. It is my substitute for real paint in case there isn't any arttime available. And there hasn't been time lately, so my iPad is my life saver ;-) Love what you did, so different from how I use my iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo I've been exploring apps for my mini but haven't found a way to extract photos for my journal pages. I have tried Paper, Upad, and a few others. I have bee journaling my devotion time with Day One but that is just associating a photo with your writing, not incorporating it into the page design. But it is quick and easy so I am at least getting it done. But I want a diff app for this kind on art journaling and design work. Hope you will share

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an iPad and I'm ashamed to say I hardly ever use it! So, PLEASE please, I would love a post on how you use yours :) I would love tips on using mine everyday!

    ReplyDelete