Thursday, March 22, 2012

Many journal pages

I am working busily in my journal every day, just as I said I would. All my other journals have paintings, maybe a quote or found poem, but no real writing. Here, I am writing a lot, which complicates the blog showing part, because I want to write freely, without judgement and yet - the show-off part of me wants to present them here. 
 See the arrow in the above picture? It points to my first ever hand cut number stamps! Carving them made me ridiculously happy... and I love them in all their imperfect glory.
The following spread started as a quick painting inspired by a photo of two cats, and then came the writing, and the fish.... and now I can't paint over it because I like the background so much that I want to keep it that way. The good thing is that there are many more pages in the journal, so I can do just that, and maybe write over it one day if I get bored of the 'empty' space.
The art part of the journal workshop is easy and fun and I could do it constantly. The written assignments not so much... I promised myself that I will do them, and I am, no matter how uncomfortable they make me feel. I realized that I spend many hours not wanting to do them, procrastinating as much as I can, and yet - when I start to write, I can't seem to stop. So, my guess is that it really is good for me, just as Judy Wise says. 
 See.... a LOT of writing!
And then some more...  The videos and very unusual prompts are posted daily, and as much as I try, I am not keeping up with them. Maybe if I stop procrastinating, and actually start writing now, maybe I'll get there. It is really a lot of fun and brings me a ton of joy. Can't help but wonder if I will fill the journal, or get tired of it after a while and move to something else... We'll see...
More to come...

6 comments:

  1. Zorana this is wonderful!! I envy people who can write and do art in their journaling! I draw a blank when it comes to words and I can't stand the thought of using all those sentimental quotes that go around, it just isn't for me! To be able to just write would really be the cherry on the sundae for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your number stamps look so cool! Part of my problem with art journaling is the writing. I never seem to have anything to say! Your pages look wonderful and you have a good balance of art and writing. I especially like how you wrote right over the one face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best thing about hand carved stamps==the irregularity! I'm so glad my friend told me you were blogging again!-I believed you when you said you were not going to and so I stopped following you--glad you came back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of keeping a journal....but hate the writing part, too...

    I think you are doing a fabulous job....though you may be behind, you are being honest with yourself and the process!
    Plus, your illustrations are great!!!

    Keep at it...if it gets easier, I may just have to give it a go myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous!!!!
    I've never been able to journal but envy those that can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Zorana. Specially love the cats and the fishes. marvelous. But you have made a fantastic job. I love all of this pages.
    have a nice weekend and my hugs
    Marja

    ReplyDelete