Sunday, October 9, 2011

Watching over

 Thank you for the sweet comments on the first third of the painting. I'm so glad you like her!
I hope that you will enjoy seeing the full painting.
I don't know why I have to use every color on the color wheel... I think I would like to paint a similar painting in muted, almost monochrome colors.
You should see me painting a triptych in my little studio... I have one easel that will fit only one canvas, so I keep moving the canvases on the table (they are too big for the table), then on the floor... very often it seems like I'm playing that game (I forgot the name - the one with the colorful circles on the floor). Exercising while painting :-)

11 comments:

  1. It is just so lovely. I love all the colors. Right now I'm trying out different color harmonies, and learning a lot. Each type makes such a different painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! And I love the colors. It all works so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work. I love your saturated colors and all the texture you show in your previous post.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twister, that's the game! The painting is beautiful. I use every color in the rainbow as well. There's just something so happy about color. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The triptych looks incredible, and I like all the colors you used. It looks happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the best compositions I've seen in a long time. I love the way your angel's wings enfold the town below. This one is a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love all the different colors. So bold! I just adore how her wing spreads out over all the houses & across the piece. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely painting!
    Beautiful, the way her wing goes around the houses.
    The expression in her face is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is truly gorgeous. Her face is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the rich colours. Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous

    ReplyDelete