Monday, September 19, 2011

Guardian

What is she guarding? You'll see... a little village.
I used layers of peeling paper and paint for the background, acrylics and oil pastels for the angel, but the real inspiration for this painting was a collage sheet with little houses from my digital kit. I saw it peeking from a pile of collage material and wanted to see if I could use it on a bigger piece.
When I created this collage kit, I used it for ATC cards (2.5"x3.5"). Cutting different elements and combining them worked fine and was fun.
If you purchased one of my collage sheets before, try looking at them with a different mindset. Cut some shapes, leave background peeking through, change color by painting transparent layers over... it can turn into something completely different.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You're always thinking of new ways to use your own art. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions using your collage sheets! I expecially love your piece
    with the houses especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zorana she is so beautiful!!! And what a great way to use the collage!! Love this piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, Zorana....you acheive the most delicious textures and layers! So much for the eye to see as it dances around your work!

    ...and what a lovely image....such a nice thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use and make the collage! The angel is gorgeous. Beautiful so you let us see how your painting grows. The texures and layers are beautiful combinations.
    Fabulous Zorana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your adorable collage pieces. Last week I tried to collage for the very first time and I was so surprised by the end result. Your colours are very inspirational I may try another collage piece.
    Thank you so much for your email too, I really apreciate it. You are an angel Zorana! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Inspirational!


    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her gorgeous hair, and the way you have placed it on the left side of her face, it looks so pretty and so , so, like you did it with the greatest of ease.

    The background gives me some memories of a wall in an old house we use to visit when I was just a child.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative! I love all your work, especially the ATC cards! xoxo

    ReplyDelete