Monday, November 15, 2010

Finished painting

 I started with a bright background. Then I added circles in different sizes and colors. Then I had no idea what to do with a background that looked like that, so I painted a  creamy-white glaze, placed plastic wrap over it and left it. When the plastic wrap came off, I was happier.... it was almost neutral, I could paint anything on it. 
 This is where I got frustrated and stopped that day (mentioned in this post).
Now that I look at it, it really wasn't that bad.
I guess it's always good to step away and look at it later with fresh eyes.
 Remember the colorful background? The one that I covered almost completely? The question is - did I really need to paint it and then change so much? Probably not, but it was fun painting it and luckily it's always easy to cover it. I learned not to be afraid of paint.
I can always 'try one more time', as the little bird says.
xo

9 comments:

  1. I love experimenting too. Yours turned out to be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I enjoyed the lesson and will use some of the techniques on a painting I will be starting soon . I found your blog through Emelie and glad I did. I'll add you to my list. Thanks for sharing, have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you didn't "give up" on this painting. It is wonderful. I've been traveling and am catching up on you blog. Love it when you post your work because it's always great ....and so are your wonderful videos. VERY inspiring!!! Sharon P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She turned out beautiful Zorana and I love the bird with the message. We should never give up and like you said don't be afraid just try it one more time. I have done a lot of little paintings lately which was done on old canvases I had and what is underneath doesn't even look closely to what I have painted eventually but it's all part of the learning process plus it has been fun doing it!
    Thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bird is right, try and try again. This example proves trying again is worth it.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. so wonderful to read about your process and see photos of the stages. It really did turn out wonderful.
    I am still getting use to how we can just change it until we are content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zorana!
    I was taking a little break from blogging but glad to be back! so much catching up to do. your painting is beautiful as always!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little bird and such a lovely saying! I've been playing with clingfilm too recently, I love the textures it makes. Beautiful work! :) xx

    ReplyDelete