Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Here, now...

I have been repeating these words almost like a mantra. And it works. And it's true. Between where we think we should be and where we want to be is - here, now... and it's just right. I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. You too.
I started with a sketch and some collage. Then added first layers of paint and stenciled circles.
 More layers of transparent color building up, stamping with gesso. 
I was trying to get a watercolor effect on the face and a richly painted background.
xo

6 comments:

  1. Love this one...love the art and words.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layers! Thank you so much for taking the time to show us your process, I learn a little something new every time you do that.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is lovely and I think you achieved the watercolor effect that you were going for.

    You sure have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a favorite, if you offered as a print I'd have it on my wall. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete