Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!!

Do you ever use the "magic crayon' that comes with many egg coloring kits?
Hana wrote a secret message on one egg, and waited too see how I'll react when I read it. After I dipped the egg in dye and read it I saw that it said "I love my family". I couldn't ask for more.
I always keep those crayons and add them to my crayon box in the art room. They are fun tools to use for resist techniques. I really didn't have time to paint today (way too much cooking, baking, cleaning), but someone dared me to paint anyway - so I did. I drew random lines and words in my journal and washed some diluted acrylics over it.
Then I added more lines with the magic crayon and washed another color over it.
I decided that that's interesting enough and painted over.
You can use any other non-water soluble crayon as resist, but I like this transparent one because same as Hana's message - you really don't know what you drew/wrote until you put color over it.
Try it - it's fun.

4 comments:

  1. Oh you did it and she is so lovely. Really like her hair. Hair is hard. What a beautiful basket of eggs. That Hana is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her hair too! and her face of course. The resist play looks like fun....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous the Magic Crayon...I have never seen one before.
    Love Hana's message.

    Happy Easter Zorana.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful face!! and love your resist background!

    ReplyDelete