Friday, January 8, 2010

Observer #1

I have been observing people for 45 years now and by my latest experiences it doesn't seem that I learned much from observing. Or - maybe observing is easy, interaction is something that I have a problem with...

Thankfully, there is always art to escape to. I combined oil and acrylic paints on this piece. I noticed that I have more control over oil paints (the bird), can blend easier, make tiny details and stuff like that. On the other side - acrylics give me freedom to be messy, to paint quick layers, play with all the fun additions (transfers, stamps, templates...).

Three more observers to come. Have a happy weekend!

9 comments:

  1. That's a great piece. I love the little crown on the bird's head! So cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Stunning!..The richness of the colours of the bird is wonderful!...I am observing a true artist.....xxx...Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet little bird. Love the words peeking through the colors. And the colors are so lush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole time I was scrolling...FAST scrolling...PLEASE let it say AVAILABLE...please please and PRESTO..I LOVE HIM, Zorana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love this one and True. The colors are vibrant and their is strength in their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh this is so so wonderful...just love the colors, your blending, the layers, and THE BIRD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Zorana...thank you for your friendship and encouragement.
    I just looked at all the art that you did in 2009...beautiful, interesting, artistic, memorable...I could go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, oh my I LOVE your OBSERVER bird! Think this is my most favorite painting yet. The colors are luscious. I do a lot of observing too :).
    Happy new year to you my friend. I hope this year brings you everything you would love in your life.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete