Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010!!!!!

I love the beginning of every year. I like noticing the everything "first" - first time washing dishes in 2010, first movie watched, first step out of bed... I had tons of first 2010 things, but not a first painting. I didn't lift a brush this year at all! The painting I'm showing is actually the last I did in 2009. There is a first about it - first time I painted a face with oil paints. Didn't know if it would work on a journal page, but I guess it did. Oil paints are one of the things I want to explore this year.

I spent the three days doing the good stuff. I read books (my old - newly found love), mostly in the early morning hours when everyone is asleep and our cat is extra happy to sneak some quiet time with me. Went for walks. You can see how the beach was calm and gray, but fluttering with life. There is a picture of my first drink (very green, of course), my surprised face when I found out about my etsy sales on January 1st, two completely different trees (oh, the texture!). My dear one and I were exploring music that's completely new to us... fado.... Portuguese music that makes you feel deeply even though you don't understand a word. This song is beautiful. So is this one. And this one made me cry. Oh, this one too... it gives me goosebumps...

I don't have a word for this year. Or real resolutions. Like so many, I want to be better, thinner, smarter, more organized, relaxed, creative, active... I also want to start fresh with the art I have at home, so my plan is to list one painting every day on ebay, starting (and maybe ending) with a $0.99 price. I will not blog about it any more, but wanted to let you know that if there was a painting that you liked this is a great opportunity to get it. And with that - Happy New Year! Looking forward to all the new things in BlogLand in 2010! xo

4 comments:

  1. Footprints on the shore, very moody and moving photo's. I wish you the best in 2010 and hope maybe we can get together again sometime.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. REFRESHING... first comment from me. =)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting with oils...hope you fall in love with their lusciousness and depth of color as I did long ago...Holla if you need encouragement. :-)
    Happy 2010 ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Etsy sales. What a first on the first! Very cool that you note all the "first". I can't seem to get a grip on 2010. I so enjoyed all your pictures and I'm going to listen to your new music find....I hope time permits.

    ReplyDelete