Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Catching up

Hello!
It has been a while that I have been here... almost a month.

My in-laws came from far away for a visit. Almost all of my after-work hours for the last four weeks were spent with them. They will leave on Sunday, and there will be more time for art, but I'll miss the laughs, stories, good home meals (and freshly made pastry and cakes) that waited for me almost every day...

The very little time I had for art play - I didn't know what to paint. I lost the flow... But since I really needed to relax, I picked up the brushes and some colors and allowed myself to just enjoy it.

I watched all the Teesha Moore's  videos and couldn't help but make the journal she demo-ed. It's very easy and fun to make. I started filling the pages and then stopped (distracted by another amazing teacher).

I plan to write on these pages. Not quotes, as I usually do, but the real stuff... I miss writing things, really journaling not only my thoughts and dreams, but everyday things too. Like - how my daughter looked when she said that a boy told her that he likes her, or how my son got a certificate that allows him to work and help battered women, or how I can't walk a flight of stairs without getting out of breath and how I should do something about it...
More to come...

5 comments:

  1. Missed you. Glad to hear you had a good time with family. I get to see mine next week.
    Loving your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't walk a flight of stairs either without my heart beating like crazy! Gezzz!
    I think I'll go check out Teeshas videos you mentioned and see if I can get inspired too. My family just left last night and I will have my week free to play now...
    Have a great hair day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A house full of people...thats what family is all about. How lovely to have that time with your inlaws.
    Actually I thought the first painting was a picture of a house full of people.
    Have fun writing in your new journal. I have been doing quite a bit of that lately (which is something new for me). Love to jot down thoughts and read back over them later. Very personal and also very empowering at times.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you've had such a good visit with family. Not to mention fresh homemade pastries!! What a treat!

    As always, your paintings are beautiful. I love them all but especially the "square" face with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little bird fellow in front of the house just speaks to me. Now that your company has gone home I hope we see more of your art.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete