Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yellow

Journaling in January - Day 17
I saw the idea for the silhouette filled with text on one wonderful blog and knew that I'll have to try it myself. Unfortunately, I can't remember which blog so I can't give proper thanks.
It reminded me of the shadows that Sharon and I were playing with and the lovely day we spent driving around San Francisco. We had to go up, up, up the very steep streets (can you say steep streets?)... You can see that Sharon was too afraid to look forward:
To be completely honest - I don't like those streets either. Specially when you have to stop and start many times. My husband was driving and this is how I was taking pictures of Sharon:
Laughing at our silliness, but with my eyes completely shut. We had to go up in order to see this:
and this:
We took photos of our shadows:
And later played with them in our little books:
Playing with shadows
That was a very wonderful day. (miss you)

8 comments:

  1. Love it! That would be a positive shadow...right? Did you take Sharon down Lombard Street? I knew about it and had my daughter turn onto it...she freaked! I love San Fran and hope to return one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THIS...THIS is my most favorite page so far....I am in love!

    PS- see Chickybird tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I also love those shadow pages that you both did. They look so fun and of course you look like you had such fun together. Thanks for sharing that,

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Zorana!
    I am a fan and a frequent visitor of your beautiful blog! You touch my life...I am especially touched by the warm, artistic friendship in which you share with Sharon. I want to pass this "love" award on to you...and one to Sharon as well. I realize that you are very busy and possibly will decline, but I still wanted to attempt because YOU deserve it! Please visit my blog to copy your award and to view the details! shabbygirl.blogspot.com
    Thank You, Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful blog can I add u to my list??? Love the colors you and Sharon are using!!! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is a great idea!! Playing with shadows. YAY! I'm doing Misty's prompts, also. It's been a lot of fun. I'm about to start on my pink page. hm..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see a post about your time with Sharon I smile. Love the photo's of you and her going up the 'steep streets' (that made me laugh).

    And your yellow page is stunning (the words in bird and figure look so effective).

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the shadows used in the artwork...cool. :-))

    xoxo,
    Aimeslee
    My Paper Paisleys Art Adventures Blog

    ReplyDelete