Monday, January 19, 2009

Fabric, embelishments...

Journaling in January - Day 19
Challenge for today was - embellishments. buttons, beads, fabric added to the page. I started by painting a face on a piece of canvas. My plan was to add it to the journal (either by sewing it to the paper page or attaching it with eyelets). After I painted it, it felt like cheating... like I didn't challenge myself at all. So, down came the boxes with fabric and ribbons and "stuff". It has been a long time since I made anything with fabric. I pulled my machine (that lives under the table), decided that the gold colored thread is perfect and started piecing it together. Unfortunately, the day is slowly coming to an end and I can't finish it. But it was really fun.... I'm not sure if I want to finish it as a wall hanging, art pillow or some kind of bag; but I'll show it when it's done.

5 comments:

  1. Found your blog and it is a treasure! What an inspiration! How can you do so much?! HoW? Please tell me your secret?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fabulous and fun and would make a great bag. Love the composition and the eye/covered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the pink pages were my favorites on the blogs but this one ...embellishments...I'm liking them. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your message, Zorana. I DO understand! :)
    Love this piece of art!!!!!
    ~Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you have included fabric in this piece...sooo beautiful Zorana and love the eye piece!

    ReplyDelete