Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Angel of Patience

Thank you for all the comments and emails. I love reading about your house hunting experiences. It's definitely not easy, but my dh and I kept reminding ourselves that looking for a home is a good problem to have. I wouldn't even call it a problem. 
Anyway - we found the right house. And just as people told me, I knew it was 'the one' the moment I stepped in. I was even ready to accept the fact that it doesn't have a studio for me, when I heard my husband's voice... he found a little bonus room that almost had my name on it. I new it was meant to be.
So we wrote an offer. So did someone else. And the long game of offers and counter offers started and lasted for what seemed forever. This is a page in my journal created one of the evenings when I looked at the phone and hoped for the realtors to call.
I'm sorry that I'm not responding to comments. I am sure that you can understand the chaos of packing, working, moving, cooking etc. Every little line makes a difference in my day and I appreciate you all. There will have to be some kind of giveaway when I return to everyday routine. 

9 comments:

  1. Don't even give it a thought about not commenting....you definitely have your hands full right now. Just enjoy the experience and move into your home and get settled. I'm just happy that you're showing all these journal pages. They tell the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the packing and moving. That's an ordeal. I don't think we realize how much stuff we have until we have to move it all. But, of course, there is always the treasure you find stashed away someplace that you forgot you had. Yes, and don't worry about the responses. Don't take time away from the journal pages. They are too important, especially with the craziness of my week. I'm living vicariously through every one else's art this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think anyone expects you to comment back. Let that go and free it from your mind. You have other things to deal with. You have readers on your blog that love what you do! That would be me! And don't expect a reply. Hang in there! I love what you do! Thank You! for wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand and don't expect a return comment/email. I just enjoy reading your blog.

    Best of luck with all the move details. We're purchasing a house right now too and I can relate to the waiting, wondering and the anticipation that comes with the excitement and stress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your angel is perfect. I look forward to when you come back and tell us more about your new home. Don't worry we all know you have other things on you plate right now :) xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just found your blog and it is beautiful! i love your art work and your writing. I will be back! thanks for sharing...Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another outstanding page. Oh, I totally understand what you are going through...I have moved over 30 times in my life...one or two more to go.
    Don't worry about us...we'll be here. Wish I could help, I'm and excellent packer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an exciting time...I know the process is arduous and it's time consuming and it's all encompassing. But when all is settled there you will be in YOUR home. That's worth everything....everything else can wait...from blog posts to emails to commenting. Those are secondary to this brand new adventure. Everyone will be waiting (patiently) for news and tales when the time is right.
    In the meantime.....I hope all your house dreams come true!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey - I just found your blog - your work is delightful!Happy moving into your new space. Kartika

    ReplyDelete