Saturday, April 26, 2008

Beginning/end

You're searching...
For things that don't exist; I mean beginnings.

Ends and beginnings - there are no such things.

There are only middles.

~Robert Frost
I finished my journal! I started it on the airport, traveling to Belgrade in October and finished it while my husband was on the airport, preparing for the same flight in April. My last spread is done on the first page. Start/end/beginning/finish....

Ends and beginnings - there are no such things.
There are only middles.

I love my moleskine! I love that the covers are black and that it has the rubber closure.
And I love that when you snap off the closure pages open and explode with color.
I don't love that sometimes the acrylic would make the pages stick together and rip when I opened them.
And I don't love that my compositions didn't always work well with the book format.
But I love that the pages are so sturdy that I could puddle watercolors, acrylic paints, glue paper, add gesso or even molding paste... sometimes all at the same time.
I love also that pages from this journal are featured in the summer issue of Artful Blogging! I didn't receive my copy yet, but I received emails from several blogging friends so I hope it looks right. Sooooooooo, finished this journal and I'm not sure what to do next. I didn't buy a new one. Canvases, loose paper, making things.... I didn't decide yet.

16 comments:

  1. Now I'm ready to hold it. This beginning/ending page is so cool/clever. The way you saved it for last. And the way is happened to be connected to you and dh trips. And the way you put that little bit of your ticket with your name. And the way it is so full of beautiful art. And the way it is in Artful Blogging. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I haven't got one yet either. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your journal, especicially seeing all the bulging, colourful pages. Looking forward to seeing more of it in Artful Blogging too! Why not try the big size of Moleskine sketchbook? Your work would alsolook fabulous as canvases too. Have fun experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a beautiful, beautiful thing, zorana - something to treasure forever and ever! and congratulations with artful blogging - i'm sooo pleased for you :o) i'm so glad they found you, my favouritest blog friend :o)
    much love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you Zorana - to see your wonderful journal pages in the article was magic! THEY are magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that piece of poetry combined with the journals 'end'....while your story continues. It's so lovely when a post makes you pause and consider and reflect and uncover pieces of truth and loveliness. Perfect.

    xo Rella

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a funny thing,Zorana,I didn't know you were in Artful Blogging and I was in the bookstore today and I picked up the new issue and was thumbing thru it and saw a picture of a sweet little bird with a crown on it's head and thought to myself..this is Zorana's art! And it was! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great piece of work that first and last one are. Love them,Debbie. Elaine Cooke

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always...wonderful. I look forward to seeing you new project.
    The article in Artful Blogging is wonderful. I loved seeing your art that I had become familiar with, on their pages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The finished journal looks great! I saw you in AB too and your work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your journals.
    Tonight I'm breathing a bit. Your blog is such a good place to visit.
    Sending you good thoughts and lots of very appreciative feelings for your support over these past days.
    Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so much abstract art that needs to be shared with the world! I'm sooo glad you're sharing it. It's gorgeous! I wish sometimes that I could do abstract, it's so different and beautiful! Come see my art on my blog, it's beautiful but TOTALLY different! I REALLY LOVE YOU'RE ART!
    Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super blog. And journals are so important. Your posterity will be forever thanking you for taking the time to do this.

    Priceless.

    I guess our blogs are journals of sorts. All unique. All using the creative instincts we love to express.

    I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got a copy of the magazine and wanted to tell you how thrilled I was to see an article on you! If anyone deserves to be in that magazine it is YOU!!!

    Your journal is treasure to keep and hand down to your family. I'm sure someone, many years from now, will look at it and know the beautiful woman with a heart to match, who created it. And they will be so grateful that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Zorana - what a amazing work of art your journal is. How I would love to site down beside you and look closely at each page. Having you explain what each page means to you and how you felt when you created it. Happy sigh.....

    And a big congratulations on being in the latest Artful Blogging. I have the first two issues and will get the summer issue very soon (especially now I know you are in it).

    Your art is such a beautiful expression of who you are.

    Much love

    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your journal...it's wonderful to have something so important and beautiful.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete