Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I hope you had a lovely day! I enjoyed every minute of it. We went for a walk, cooked, listened to music, read books, played art. It was sooooo good.
Hana is in a phase where she analyzes and scrutinizes every single little thing about her appearance. She takes numerous self-portraits and dislikes most of them. On the other hand - I love them all.. This one inspired me to create today's journal page.
I sketched a face and I knew how I wanted to use pieces of wrapping paper, but I couldn't draw the hand at all. I had no idea where or how to put the fingers. Most of the time I have to have a reference to draw... Luckily, the real artist of the family (Hana) doesn't have the same problem. She drew the hand in a minute (and wasn't happy with it, while I stood in awe). I asked her to play a little more with the pencil... she changed the hair style, lips, nose... We both concluded that I should leave it in pencil and play with the background. So there it is - a mother-daughter collaboration in my journal. Something for me to treasure forever. I love moments like that!
I want to share another page with you. Thirteen days ago I grabbed my camera and sketch book and went for a quick walk in the park and on the beach. I returned refreshed and started a journal page with the photos and sketches from the walk. I quickly got frustrated because it looked horrible, so I closed the journal and went to work. Fast forward two weeks... and I love it! What I thought was an unfinished mess looks exactly how I wanted it to look.
Journals are magical.

8 comments:

  1. Her self portrait is great! I vcan't draw hands with or without a reference. Any one that can ahs my admiration. It's why I stickt o faces. Sounds like you all had a great day - art, books and music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the mother/daughter page - you will treasure it always!! i forgot to send hana teenage birthday wishes the other week - sorry!!
    my baby celebrates double digits on saturday... where have 10 years gone???
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. journls are pieces of your soul...sometimes we cannot see what is really held there until later...everything in it's time...blessings and peace my sweet friend, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes your journals are magical. Both of these pages are magical. I love that Hana has self confidence in her art. The other thing with the camera and self portraits just means she is a healthy teenager. You gotta love all those sp shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Zorana! I miss you too!! I am excited to be back in blog land now and can't wait to get "busy".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mother-daughter journal page!!! Hana LOOKS soOOOOOoooOOO SWEET! JUST LIKE HER MAMA!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! to YOU and YOURS!!! WOOT! WOOOOOOT!!! Love and prayers, Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a kickin' journal page (both of them but the Mom/Daughter self portrait is AMAZINGLY special!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. zorana...i know you are so very busy...just stopping in to wish you a good 2008...visitng you always brightens my day...may the spirit of a new year fill your home with an abundance of love, laughter, and joy...may the magic of the moment bring peace to your heart all year long...may your creativity take you to amazing places and may you experience the resulting bliss...much love you and your family...rebecca

    ReplyDelete