Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

As we express our gratitude,
we must never forget that
the highest appreciation
is not to utter words,
but to live by them.
~J. F. Kennedy

What a wonderful day! This year my birthday joined Thanksgiving in a perfect display of cooking, smiling, hugging, loving... I wouldn't mind spending each day like this.
Some of you may remember that my mom had surgery in September... For my birthday present, she made a couple of painful steps without a cane or walker... And I could see it (thanks to Skype - free video phone).
So, today (and every day) I'm thankful for so many things... high on the long list are my blogging friends, my network of support and inspiration. Hope you had a great day too!
P.S. I REALLY don't like one of the eyes on the above journal page... I noticed that it is wrong only when I scanned it. How could I miss it while I was painting?

10 comments:

  1. i can comment again... i'm sooo pleased you had a thankful, blessed day - and my pressie arrived in time!! may the memories of all our birthday blessings warm your heart for the rest of the year, dear zorana :o)
    love and BIG hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday/Thanksgiving...hope it was grand!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday AND Happy Thanksgiving!!

    XOXO, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday and Thanksgiving.
    It is good to hear that your Mother is doing so well. I just love the web cam, we talk with our Son, Daughter-in-law and our 7 month old Grandson that way...they live in Denmark.
    I have not been keeping up very well as I have been sick for over a month...all is explained on my blog.
    I will be enjoying a lot of reading and vieuing to catch up with your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where have I been? How can it be? Am I truely swirlled up in my own little world having a pitty party today? How is it that I did not know that you were having/had a Thanksgiving Birthday. And I missed it totally.
    I am so happy that your day was full of family love and sweet things. xoxoxo
    p.s. I don't see a problem with her eyes but I often see things in a photo that I didn't see before. But here is a trick I use to do and still do sometime. Look at here upside-down. Not you. The painting. Somehow you see what is not so visible when looking at it right side up. Especially where symetry(sp?) will show.
    So, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the journal page!!!

    Happy Belated Birthday & Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love her eyes, she looks exotic and mysterious!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so late! Happy Birthday!! We had a birthday we celebrated on Thanksgiving this year, too. I hope you had a wonderful day.

    I don't think there's anything wrong with her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew! Now, we are even! With all the Thanksgiving commotion I forgot your day after looking it up too! I told YOU my memory is not the BEST!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! sweetie!!! xoxoxoxo, Cinda

    ReplyDelete