After having a lot of fun with the long tutorial from yesterday's post, I thought I'd post a short one today. I recently painted these cherries for a friend. My Mom called me all excited, but not about the cherries. She loved the water drop on them and asked me how I painted it.I made a quick step by step worksheet for her. This time the water drop is a tear because I'm sad that she's in lot of pain. The humongous cast went off, and she is heeling well, but it will take time and now it hurts more than before. It will get better with time.1. Water drop should be painted the same color as the base it's on.
2. I added a darker shade on the outside bottom right corner.
3. Same dark shade on the left side inside the drop.
4. Deepened the shade inside.
5. Added a highlight on the inside of the drop.
6. A thin highlight on the opposite side and a tiny dot somewhere on the shaded area.
That's it. I painted this very quickly, so it's far from perfect... but I hope you get the idea.
I wish you more dew drops than tears.