Saturday, December 16, 2006

Experimenting with resin

Sorry for the blurry photo... It's midnight and I can't turn on the proper lights and for some reason I want to post it now. I made this little bird today from paper and polymer clay and although I think it's cute I feel like it needs something more. A little voice whispered to me (maybe the bird) "resin paper, resin paper" and I had to listen to it. I remember reading about the technique that explained how to make transparent resin paper in some magazine.... but I can't remember which one. I searched through my stash and couldn't find it. I'll probably sell my magazines soon. What's the use of having them if I can never find what I want?
Anyway, I knew that I could not sleep if I didn't try it.... so I found the resin (I bought 5 years ago and used once), laid down some papers and brushed it over.
Is that how it's supposed to be done? Seems too simple.
We'll see what will happen in the morning. Now I can't wait to fall asleep..... and wake up and see my papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment