Friday, November 24, 2006

Faces

Katie Kendrick has a lovely article in "Cloth, Paper, Scissors" magazine where she explains how she creates her fun cloth dolls. I wanted to try it for the longest time and today seemed like a perfect day for it. Unfortunately, I managed to finish only the first two steps... but it was really fun and very relaxing.
Hana and I started by quickly drawing (with black paint and a paintbrush) a series of faces on paper torn from a telephone book.
Then we painted the faces using craft acrylic paints. This was an extremely freeing experience for me. Probably the fact that I was using cheap (free) printed paper and that I didn't expect anything from it made it so much fun. We'll see how it continues...

3 comments:

  1. YES! I've been wanting to do these too! Your faces are SWEET! gals! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful! I want to try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that article too and wanted to try it. Your faces turned out so cute, I bet your dolls will look lovely!

    ReplyDelete