Friday, June 23, 2006

This and that...

Chrysti is organizing her studio and asked us to share our organizing tips and photos. So, here is my favorite organizational storage piece. I got it on a yard sale years ago. I'm not sure if it was meant for an office or a workshop, but it is very heavy and sturdy. The drawers are very deep and have spacers that can be moved to the position you like. I have so many things in these drawers... beads, wire and tools, eyelets and similar stuff, favorite stamps and stamp pads, cutting tools, bits and pieces... It would probably be a good idea to put labels (I started), but I use it so much that I know pretty much what's in each drawer. Even a better idea would be to keep the space in front of them clear so that I can open them without having to move too much stuff...
BTW - please go and check out Chrysti's blog. She is a great artist and a very giving person. She has a wonderful store on eBay and Collage Images group on Flickr where people share mostly royal free vintage photos. And, of course - Try It Tuesdays!
What else is new in my life? Not much... I decided that it was time for me to go back to the gym regularly. I stopped two months ago and I don't feel as good as when I'm exercising. So, to jump start my motivation again I bought the red iPod holder (I can't exercise without my 'gym playlist') and I have a new pedometer. Everyone is talking about the 10.000 steps we should take daily. I had no idea that it is that difficult. This is what I walked today - 6271 - a most of it was from the gym! I'm in shock!
I don't have any new artwork to show. I can't organize my time now that the school is over. I have small patches of time during the day that I should probably put to a better use... This is what I do - I take my watercolors to the pool and play with them while Hana is having fun with her friends. The time passes quickly... the only problem is that I have no clue how to paint anything decent with them. I'm showing this so that you can have a good laugh... Oh well...everything takes time and it's actually fun to experiment. Hope that everyone is enjoying the summer!

2 comments:

  1. I like those water colors!!! I just found some out on my porch from last summer and thought I might try them again! Believe me, yours will put mine to shame!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to post pics fo the current state of mmy studio... those drawers are so similar to ones i use.. (but im trying to replace) ... Thanks so much for sharing...y'all are keeping me so inspoired!

    Maybe we should challenge ourselves somehow!

    ReplyDelete