Wednesday, March 8, 2006

In the kitchen...

Few months ago I saw a post in Misty's blog for a Miso Happy Soup. I loved the way she showed the cooking process and I loved the recipe (made that soup many times - thanks Misty). Well, I was thinking about that today while preparing these mushroom rolls.
  • Chop a big batch of button and shiitake mushrooms. Sauté in olive oil.
  • Same thing with two yellow onions and garlic. Combine them with cooked brown rice, chopped parsley, salt, pepper and thyme.
  • Layer three sheets of phyllo dough (brushing them lightly with a mixture of oil and water); spread part of the mushroom/rice mixture and roll them.
  • Carefully transfer it to prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and bake in a hot (400 degrees) oven.
  • Cut in small pieces when cool enough to handle. Serve warm or cold with a lovely garden salad. Bon Appétit!

2 comments:

  1. ...mouth watering..Yummy devine!
    a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miso glad you liked my recipe!!! I LOVE to cook, your rolls looks so wonderful! I just love shiitake and garlic! I will have to try these! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete